Hey y'all,
I'm starting the Mormon Trail today. Leaving Nauvoo shortly, headed to
Salt Lake City. Its 1300 miles on foot with a handcart. I don't know
if I can make the entire length, but I will be trying. Please follow
me on my blog: http://jksnideman.blogspot.com/ It will be updated with
weekly entries detailing the journey.
I love y'all. Pray for me!
James is hiking 1300 miles with a handcart made out of pvc/bike parts and a dog.... I'm concerned. Hopefully he has one of the distress beacons they use in the snow when tragedy strikes. If anything this could be an episode on Discovery's I Shouldn't Be Alive.
In case he does die. Here's a tribute to you James Kirby Snideman or how I affectionately refer to him as "the Jew".
This relationship started in 2003. James grew up with Greg. James refused to leave messages and decided to call every hour to inquire if Greg was home. Needless to say it got annoying. After learning that we were interesting folks he started hanging around.
James became more social intertwined with the ward than we were. Walking through the fishbowl people would say hi to him and not say anything to us.
He was quite generous with Greg's food. "Anyone want a chicken bake/taquito?" was frequently shouted from the kitchen. Though one day in 2004 he gave us all a special day. Red Robin/Carls Jr/whatever that bread thing was he made. He footed the bill.
Many hours were spent playing Bomberman.
He haggled well. Smiths had a "deal" on 2 avocados for 3 dollars. but for some reason the Provo high student employee wrote the sign to read a bit funny and put the dollar sign closer to the 2 instead of the 3. The Jew argued for five minutes with the cashier as Kevin and I stood there ashamed that we knew him. James eventually walked out of the Provo Smiths with 4 avocados for $2.
The last time I'll have seen the Jew alive? Who knows. Best of luck to you, you crazy Jew.

No comments:
Post a Comment