Sunday, December 04, 2011

Holy Just Skipping Months at During 2011 Batman

One of the few Christmas albums I can listen to is Dustin Kensrue's "This Good Night is Still Everywhere" I'm not a fan of Christmas music. But Dustin covers two songs, "Fairytale of New York" (who hasn't covered this) and MeWithoutYou's "A stick, A Carrot and String" which really made the album worth its weight in vinyl. And REALLY, how can you not purchase a Christmas album put out by Vagrant.

























He talks about Christmas music on the sleeve and this has always caught my attention.

"I love Santa Claus, presents and Christmas trees as much as the next person, but the deeper, weightier and preciously joyful meaning of Christmas resides in the birth of Jesus Christ. It resides in the unbelievable idea that because he loved us, God came into the world as a man, to live the perfect life we could not live, die the death we deserve to die, so that we might be justly reconciled to him and that we might enjoy him forever. Maybe this sounds crazy to you, or maybe you've heard it so many times that it has ceased to astound you, but every year it becomes more and more astounding to me. I celebrate Christmas not as a story; I celebrate in the well founded belief that in historical space-time reality, this actually happened. And that it has changed everything"

It is kinda of amazing to think about it as I slowly wrap my head around the importance of the atonement and I appreciate his take on it to help me understand more and more of it.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker