Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Women's Basketball

So the last couple restaurants I've been has had women's basketball on. I can think of 2224 things I'd rather watch than women's basketball.

Heck just in the women's sports category. softball... soccer... volleyball... cheerleader competitons that get those strange early morning weekday time slots in the summer on ESPN 354. I've never seen field hockey but i'd probably watch that, heck apparently the lingerie football league is still in business?

Has there ever been a first or 2nd round upset in women's basketball? Doesn't the final four always consist of 1 and 2 seeds? Why not just skip the extra week and just start out with a Sweet 16 and save some schools some bus fare. Does Title 9 count in transportation budgets as well? WHO IS WATCHING six rounds of women's basketball?

Apparently someone, because 3.8 million households watched the women's final game last year.
Last year's MLS Cup MAYBE got into 1 million households. Come on MLS. Isn't Donovan the poster boy of US Soccer?! Beckham the face of tighty whiteys??

Which just goes to show the sad state of US Soccer right now. Heck when a country the size of New Jersey eliminates you from qualifying for the Olympics, maybe its good for the country's morale that no one saw that.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker